THE FAMILY OF JACOB BOSSERT AND SARAH
of Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio
Jacob Bossert (Bossart), born February 26, 1776 in Pennsylvania. He removed from Franklin County, Pennsylvania about 1809 and settled in New Lisbon, Columbiana County, Ohio where he kept a store. According to Horace Mackís 1879 book, History of
Columbiana County, Ohio, Bossert moved to section 3 and 10 in Salem Township and built a cabin on the middle fork of Little Beaver Creek. ďHe made a small clearing, and soon afterwards built a saw mill and made the manufacture of lumber a specialty. On this mill site Mr. Bossart built three mills at different periods; the second was destroyed by fire.Ē The section 3 property was kept by Jacob until his death and was at that time
divided among his children.
Jacobís first wife was Susanna who died on August 31, 1822 in Salem Township. To them three children were born:
- Jonas Bossert born October 21, 1812 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- John Bossert born February 17, 1814 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- Polly Bossert born April 22, 1817 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio.
Polly married first Lewis Clewell and second Jonas Baker.
Jacob Bossert married second, Sarah Frederick, daughter of Conrad Frederick and Ann Brown, born February 16, 1804 probably in Pennsylvania. Jacob and Sarah married in Columbiana County, Ohio on July 13 1823. Sarah died six years later at the age of twenty five years six months, on August 16, 1829 on the farm in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio. Jacob died on June 1, 1849. Jacob, Sarah, and Jacobís first wife, Susanna are all buried in Trinity
Lutheran Church Cemetery, Washingtonville, Ohio. Jacob and Sarah Bossertís tombstones are located in Row 13.
Children of Jacob Bossert and Sarah Frederick:
- Jacob Bossert born July 26, 1824 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio died July 19, 1899 in Columbiana County, Ohio married on April 12, 1849 in Columbiana County, Ohio Susan Matzenbaugh born March 13, 1824 died January 15, 1908. Jacob
Bossert was a practicing physician in Columbiana County, Ohio. He and Susan are buried in Washingtonville Cemetery, Mahoning County, Greene Township, Ohio. Their children were:
- (1) Samantha A. Bossert born March 1850 died 1927 married John Harris Stamp and had John Harley Stamp, Josiah Larue Stamp, Floyd Rodman Stamp, and Virgil Bossert Stamp.
- (2) Mary E. Bossert born 1852 married Rev. John B. Kindig and had Martin Luther Kindig, Carl Kindig, Fritz O. Kindig, Lois Kindig who married Charles Entriken, Samuel Kindig, John Kindig, Joseph Kindig who married Berdella Coy, Perry Kindig who married Hazel Knauff, Jeremiah Kindig who married Mabel Koop, Vesta Kindig, and Frank Kindig.
- (3) Orlando Bossert born 1856 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio died 1937 married Dollie Belle Woods and had Helen Bossert who married Charles Weikart, Carl Bossert, Fred Bossert, Lesta Bossert who married Fred Fenstermaker, Charles Bossert, Nellie Ruth Bossert who married Ed Somerland, Rhoda Bossert who married William Hannahan, Thelma Bossert who married Raymond
Knipp, Charlotte Bossert who married Francis Brennan, and an infant who died in infancy.
- (4) Barbara LaRue Bossert born 1858 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio died 1922 married her cousin Joseph C. Frederick, Jr. son of Joseph C. Frederick and Mary Betz and had Mary Frederick who married Perry Brinker and Al Cobourn and Anna Macdonald Frederick born 1884 died 1960 who married Chester Marshall Stamp and Jesse Perkins.
- Jeremiah Bossert, a farmer, born February 20, 1826 Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio. Jeremiah married first Rebecca Bushong and second, in 1847, Nancy Switzer, born January 5, 1830 died April 21, 1878. Jeremiah and Nancy had:
- (1) George W. Bossert born January 5, 1849 died December 3, 1849.
- (2) Lydia M. Bossert born March 24, 1851 died January 25, 1854.
- (3) Harriet A. Bossert born 1853 who married Unknown Fawcett.
- (4) Martin Luther Bossert born 1854 who married Unknown Holloway and had Blanch Bossert who married Unknown Royer and Ora Bossert who married Unknown Green. Martin Luther Bossert married second Mollie Burns and had Jeremiah Bossert and Grace Bossert who married Unknown Rudisill.
- Sarah Bossert born September 7, 1828 in Salem Township, Columbiana County, Ohio married in Columbiana County, Ohio on May 27, 1847 Thomas W. Walker born 1826 in Pennsylvania. Sarah and Thomas had:
- (1) Jacob B. Walker born 1848 married Unknown Lamb.
- (2) Mary Ann Walker born 1849.
- (3) George Walker born 1851 married Mollie Grimm and had Margaret Walker and Frank Walker.
- (4) Jefferson Walker.
- (5) Kirby Walker.
- (6) Charles Walker.
- (7) Ellen Walker born January 1860 married George Ballentine and had Frank Ballentine, William Thomas Ballentine, Mabel Elizabeth Ballentine and Margaret B. Ballentine who married Unknown Niddermider.
- (8) Wood Walker who married Arwilda Sharpnack.
- (9) Florence Walker who married Clyde Grove and had Warren Grove and Alice Grove who married Unknown Dressel.
Return to Frederick Page
Go to Alphabetized Surname List Page
Go to Home Page
Go to Internet Links Page
Go to Maps Page
Go to Photograph and Documents Page
Go to Reunions and Family Gatherings Page
Go to Surname Page
Go to Veterans List Page