THE FAMILY OF JOHN MARCH AND ELIZABETH
of Columbiana County, Ohio
In early Columbiana County, Ohio there seems to be March and Marsh families. I am uncertain if they are relations or separate families. There is a Columbiana County, Ohio court document dated November 7, 1814 regarding a group of minors belonging to the Marsh family and who they chose as their legal guardians. Two, John Marsh and Philip Marsh chose Lindsey Cannon. Whether this is the same John March/Marsh who later married Lindsey Cannonís daughter, is uncertain.
John March was born on October 1, 1801 in Ohio. On May 29, 1827 in Columbiana County, Ohio he married Elizabeth Cannon, daughter of Lindsey Cannon and Elizabeth Fife. Elizabeth was born on December 13, 1809 in Columbiana County, Ohio. The March family began their married life in St. Clair Township in Columbiana County however by the 1860 census, they had moved to Madison Township, where John owned 100 acres which he farmed. Together the Marchís raised seven children. John and Elizabeth March are buried in the Carlisle Cemetery, Elkrun Township, Columbiana County, Ohio behind
Elizabethís parents, Lindsey and Elizabeth Fife Cannon.
Children of Thomas March and Elizabeth Cannon:
- Lindsay March
- Mary March born 1830 in Columbiana County, Ohio died 1907 buried in the Carlisle Cemetery, Elkrun Township, Columbiana County, Ohio.
- Thomas March born 1833 in Columbiana County, Ohio
- Henry March born 1836 in Columbiana County died 1890 married Maria B. Fost, born 1851 died 1947. Their children were:
- William W. March
- Robert L. March
- Anne E March
- John March born 1839 in Columbiana County, Ohio married Carrie Booth. Their children were:
- Homer March
- Fred March
- Lindsey Edwin March born 1881 died 1957 married Mary Leora born 1884 died 1965
- W. Earl March
- Martha Jane March born September 17, 1844 in Columbiana County, Ohio died December 27, 1908 in Millport, Columbiana County, Ohio married on November 26, 1868 in Columbiana County, Ohio a distant cousin, Thomas Fife McKarns, born March 30, 1840 in Columbiana County, Ohio died June 12, 1926 in Columbiana County, Ohio. Their children were:
- Minnie McKarns
- John Gideon McKarns born June 14, 1871 in Columbiana County, Ohio died February 3, 1948 in Millport, Ohio married Mary Jane Waugh born August 9, 1871 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and died August 23, 1958 in Salem, Ohio
- Sarah Ann March born 1846 in Columbiana County, Ohio died 1903 married Marquis H. Bough born 1847 died 1921 married on October 20, 1870 in Columbiana County, Ohio, had children
- Mary A. Bough
- Clifford Alden Bough, born 1874 died 1948 married Cora Hall born 1877 died 1940.
Go to Alphabetized Surname List Page
Go to Home Page
Go to Internet Links Page
Go to Photograph and Documents Page
Go to Reunions and Family Gatherings Page
Go to Surname Page
Go to Veterans List Page